Friday, August 26, 2011

Cupcake Critic

Since I have not been home, I have not had the equipment to make my own baked goods. So, instead, I am going to try baked goods while on vacation. The other day, in Fire Island, my friend Tatiana and I went to Rachel's Bakery, a small bakery in town. We bought the chocolate cake with cream cheese infused vanilla buttercream. We tried it, and the cake was very bland. Though it was moist, which is a good thing, there was little to no taste. The frosting was also mediocre. It had a slight chemical taste, like what you would find in a tin of Betty Crocker frosting. In homemade vanilla buttercream, which uses little ingredients, you can really taste the butter and confectionary sugar. Overall, out of 10, I would give the cake a 3. This is because the frosting made the cake have slightly more flavor. 
I will return soon!


Sweetly Yours,
Rosie

2 comments:

  1. You are a very good critic! great work!
    <3, GWEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. your an ahhhhhh-mazzzzing critic! well done pal! sorry the cupcake wasn't very good!
    ox,
    ori

    ReplyDelete