Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Not-So-Disasterous Disastrous Cupcake Disaster

Bakerettes,
Hello, my dear friends! Today, I made some cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes, with DELICIOUS vanilla buttercream.......
The cupcakes were not so good...
AND HERE IS WHY.
I have a theory. I used a recipe book, called The Hummingbird Bakery Cupcakes and Muffins. This bakery, in London, makes cupcakes that seem to be popular. They most likely want to keep their recipe secret, as do most bakeries. In their book, they most likely change their recipe a little so no one can get the  flavor and consistency that their cupcakes have. Bakers who try the recipes will think it is their fault that the cupcakes aren't coming out well, but it is really the recipe. This way, people will have to continue to purchase cupcakes from the bakery, because they can't make them as good at home.
Not to say I haven't made some delicious cupcakes from recipe books in my day... 
Anyways...
Today I made chocolate cupcakes from this book, and they were dry and VERY unflavorful.


In my opinion, the recipe should have called for more chocolate, to make the cupcakes have delicious flavor and milk and butter to make the cupcakes softer and fluffier.
These cupcakes were nice to look at and the frosting was delicious! The frosting is my own recipe which is still being perfected... so I will share the recipe with you when it is absolutely amazing!
Here are some pictures of the gorgeous, but not so good cupcakes.







Good looking cupcakes but not so very tasty.


Sweetly Yours,
Rosie

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Even if these cupcakes didn't taste good, they sure are GORGEOUS!!!! They actually kind of match your background! :) (pink and blue)

    I agree with your theory... That actually kind of makes sense! It stinks that these didn't turn out great and I am SURE it was not your fault seeing as you're a FANTASTAMAZING BAKER!!! Maybe you could make your own, altered recipe based on the changes you think should be made. It seems like you have some great ideas! Anyway, great photos and keep up the awesome blogging! Good luck with all your future baking projects!!!

    Love,
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gwen! You're blog is literally the awesomest fashion blog there is! Love ya!
      ~Rosie

      Delete